Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Acceptance letter

Read it (or don't) and weep, boys:

Who got their acceptance letter? That's right, me. (Odd that you have to pay full tuition before getting it, but oh well.)

I'm giddy to leave. My hometown is the embodiment of sprawling, residential suburbia, with no actual "town" to speak of, and to be honest, it's dull. Right now I'm coming through the end of a love-hate relationship with it. Since my parents are retiring and moving to South Carolina, I figure it's best to keep a bit detached, but I do love my few friends here. We ran to get ice cream last night, and I realize now how much they mean to me. It's funny that the more we "grow up," the more entertaining our interactions get. Even as friends, we get along a lot better now than we did in high school.

The other hard thing is leaving my boyfriend behind. We're already a timezone apart (he's still in Chicago, while I'm here in New Jersey for the time being) but there's something staggering about being across an ocean. Around when I leave the states, though, he does as well--he'll be spending 8 weeks (?) in Europe, mostly Paris. We're quite the traveling pair. But man, do I miss him already...

1 Comments:

Blogger ajf said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog...Yamasa is a great school, IMHO. It's small and un-beaureaucratic, the teachers and staff all seem really cool (as does the student body, by and large), and as long as you really want to learn and are prepared for a lot (and I mean a LOT) of work and headaches, you should have a enjoyable and productive time. Okazaki is nice as well - not the sort of place you'd want to holiday in perhaps but it's a nice, safe place to live and generally makes a great school town.

がんばって ね!

6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home