Monday, July 10, 2006

Your random japanese moments for the day

Missed yesterday's update, but I'll get around to it after class.

And here are your two random moments for the day:

1.) In Nagoya, some random girl came out of a shopping mall onto the sidewalk, screaming "YOU'RE WRONG! YOU'RE WRONG!" and some other such in Japanese, and dashed across the street screaming angrily at the top of her lungs at nobody in particular. I was relieved when I saw that the locals were just as startled as we were.

2.) Sitting outside last night, leeching wireless from campus, one of the janitors spotted me and said "aah, ninkyou da nee" and smiled. Not really knowing what "ninkyou" meant, I just said "Yeah, basically" in Japanese, and he laughed and walked off. Turns out that "ninkyou" means "brave spirit; heroism; chivalry" and the comment was directed at the fact that it was night and I was outside by myself (in full view of the front door of the hotel, so I don't know why he made the comment). Though I think I like that; I'll adopt that word.

That is all until I finish class.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
»

4:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home