Thursday, July 20, 2006

A face from home

So last night Vivi arrived from Chicago. How great is that? I had just finished taking down my laundry from line-drying on the roof last night, when I hear "Meredith-san?" and I look up, and there at the foot of the stairs is Vivi! I jumped and squealed and hugged her and we came into the room and talked for a long time. She's still seriously jetlagged so she planned on going to bed early and left (turns out she's just as bad off as I was, and didn't sleep much).

It's so great to see a friendly face from college. I took her down to breakfast today and showed her how to tackle the food--no egg, and I was a little disappointed. She's in the hotel until they get room at the student village (the big dorm) but she doesn't know how long that will be. So for the next week, at least, it'll be nightly slumber parties with me, Sarah, and Vives.

Also a sidenote, all this healthy eating has finally gotten to me--I noticed a difference in the way my jeans fit this morning. I must've dropped a pound or two since I got here, though I couldn't find a scale at Seiyu to give final judgment. Oh well, it'll be a cumulative thing and I'll see the results when I get home, I suppose.

Otherwise all's quiet here. This weekend's looking like a hiking trip with Sampath, Vives, and maybe Mark. Will post pictures and updates later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home